OpenSM is aimed at both organizations with a very low maturity in ITSM, and companies that are already aware of ITSM Practices. OpenSM has combined common terminology and concepts from established frameworks, with the latest methodologies and technological advances.
OpenSM is the only ITSM framework that offers a structure (through its operating model), and sustainable guidance appropriate for the maturity level of most companies in emerging markets, and also in many organisations in Europe and US.
At the end of each section of the course, there will be a hands-on exercise to fix the concepts just explained and become familiar with the exam questions.
All our courses have a strong practical component. The theoretical part is constantly complemented by simulations on real IT problems.
This course leads to the OpenSM Foundation certification exam session, the passing of which provides an entry-level professional qualification in IT Service Management and allows you to continue on to more advanced courses.
Who it is addressed to
- This certification is for individuals wishing to build their competence as a Service Manager either in preparation for taking on that role, or as somebody already fulfilling the role who wants to ensure that they are.
- A company that has already made investments in education and adoption of ITSM practices with other frameworks can decide to move to OpenSM with OpenSM Foundation, being guaranteed of a full “portability” of the previous knowledge into the new approach.
Contents of the OpenSM Foundation course
- ITSM key concepts and terminology
- Basic sustainability concepts
- Guiding principles
- Sustainability in IT
- IT Service Provider key competences
- Holistic Approach
- Continual Improvement
- Governance vs. Management
- How to build value for the Business with ITSM practices
- Processes and Guidelines
BITIL.COM lecturers are accredited (Accredited Trainer) by the international training body to teach and supervise exams; specialists in IT Service Management, they are professionals with many years of experience in best practice adoption projects in medium and large Organization, able to transfer a software vendor-independent and totally business-oriented implementation approach.
This OpenSM® course is offered by BITIL.COM ATO of APMG.
Registered Trademarks. OpenSM is a registered trademark of IN.SI Srl, the use of which is permitted only with the permission of IN.SI Srl. All rights reserved.